In July of 2016, I started to experience severe back pain. Today, I still have chronic back pain and it’s slowly (and I mean slowly) getting better due to the fact that I started to exercise again. Having said this, there is one important tool that I have been using that has really transformed my fitness experience. This tool is the fitbit charge 2. I love all things tech and I can’t believe it took me this long to discover this fitness watch. It’s a game changer for me and it has really changed the way I look at my fitness and overall health on a day-to-day basis. Below are the 6 features I love about the watch:
- It’s cheaper than the Apple Watch – For only $129.95 (plus tax) you can get yourself one and it has a lot of the same functionality. The mobile app is specifically designed for fitness and I like that the fitbit just tries to perfect this one particular area.
- It tracks your steps, floors, miles and active minutes – This simple concept is a great motivator for me. You can set your step goal (mine is 10,000 per day) and it’s really interesting to monitor how your doing throughout the day. Also, the watch tracks how many floors you’ve climbed, miles you’ve traveled, calories you’ve burned and total active minutes. (See screenshot 1)
- It records your sleep – I really love this feature. Sleep is really important to me and with 3 kids I need all the quality sleep I can get. I am really impressed with how the watch knows when you’ve had restless sleep and/or quality sleep. (See screenshot 2)
- It displays your exercise goals for the week – You can set how many times you would like to workout for a given week. When you exercise on a specific day you can drill down on a specific exercise routine performed and determine how many minutes, calories, average beats per minutes and fat burn you’ve recorded. (See screenshot 3)
- It monitors your heart rate – You can analyze your heart rate at any time of the day and you can also learn what your resting heart rate is as it compares to the general population. If you are very competitive this is a great feature to see where your at compared to the likes of marathon runners, etc.
- It can remind you to be active every hour – This is another gem for me because I work in front of a computer all day. Therefore, the watch can remind you to get up and move around every hour to ensure you meet your daily step goal.
To be honest, there are many other features that the fitbit is equipped with. The 6 features above are the ones I use and pay attention to on a daily basis. As a tech enthusiast what I am most impressed with is how it collects all my data and organizes it in a very user friendly-easy to understand manner. This is data intelligence for your fitness. Understanding this data is very useful in my opinion and this watch is very addicting. I highly recommend the fitbit charge 2, as it has really helped me understand and appreciate my fitness and health in an easy and practical way.